First Pitch 12.0
MiLB First Pitch is the official mobile app of Minor League Baseball and its 160 clubs, from Triple-A to Rookie, and it's back for the 2019 season. Follow the action with Gameday as well as complete stats, schedules, standings and the latest news for every club. Push notifications make it easy to get game alerts for your favorite teams and breaking news from across the Minors. First Pitch is the premier app to follow the top Major League prospects throughout the 2019 season. Plus, watch more than 6,500 games live or on demand with a MiLB.TV subscription.
What's New for 2019
- Complete rebuild with improved navigation and better options for finding your favorite team(s).
- Upgrade to MiLB.TV live streaming, with up to 75% of streams now available in high-definition
- Support for Minor League Baseball's newest teams - the Amarillo Sod Poodles, Fayetteville Woodpeckers, Las Vegas Aviators, Rocky Mountain Vibes and Syracuse Mets.
- Support for all off-season affiliation changes and League transitions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Supported Devices
- Getting Started
- Subscription Management
- Navigation and Usage
- Contact Us
1. Supported Devices
Supported Apple Devices for MiLB First Pitch (must be running iOS version 11.4 or greater):
- iPhone 5S or newer
- iPod Touch 6th Generation or nrewer
2. Getting Started
MiLB First Pitch is available as a free download from Apple iTunes. With MiLB First Pitch, you can follow Gameday real-time pitch tracking, box scores, play-by-play and stats. You can filter data by all six classes and set favorite team(s) for quick access to team schedules, news, standings, rosters, player stats and team websites.
MiLB.TV subscriptions can now be purchased in-app via First Pitch and can also be purchased at MiLB.TV. MiLB.TV subscribers will be able to watch live games, some of which are subject to blackouts. They can also watch archives of completed Minor League games.
3. Subscription Management
Apple iTunes In-App Purchase and Cancellation Information
If you have purchased a subscription to MiLB.TV directly through First Pitch's in-app purchase from Apple iTunes (not directly from the MiLB.com website), please review the information below.
If you have completed your purchase through the MiLB.com website, please see the section "MiLB.com Website Purchase and Cancellation Information."
Purchasing an Apple iTunes Subscription
In-app purchases are purchased from and billed by Apple iTunes, not MiLB.com. These purchases are subject to the terms and conditions of Apple iTunes. Payment will be charged to the user's iTunes account when the purchase is confirmed. All billing and refund inquiries must be directed to Apple iTunes. MiLB.com does not have access to Apple iTunes accounts or transactions. If you wish to confirm the type of subscription that has been purchased from Apple iTunes, please consult your Apple iTunes account or receipt as each subscription will have a unique billing name.
The MiLB.TV purchase (billed as "MiLB.TV Yearly") is valid for one year and will be re-billed every year by Apple iTunes until canceled by the user at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period. Apple iTunes will send an e-mail well in advance of renewal containing a hyperlink to manage the subscription. Apple iTunes subscriptions can be managed from a mobile device or computer that uses the same Apple ID as the initial purchase. MiLB.com cannot manage Apple iTunes subscriptions. Apple iTunes cancellation steps are listed below for your convenience.
The MiLB.TV monthly (billed as "MiLB.TV Monthly") purchase is valid for 30 days and will be re-billed every 30 days year-round by Apple iTunes until canceled by the user at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period. Apple iTunes will send a monthly e-mail well in advance of renewal containing a hyperlink to manage the subscription. Apple iTunes subscriptions can be managed from a mobile device or computer that uses the same Apple ID as the initial purchase. MiLB.com cannot manage Apple iTunes subscriptions. Apple iTunes cancellation steps are listed below for your convenience.
If a free trial period is offered, any unused portion of it will be forfeited when the user purchases a MiLB.TV subscription. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period. More information on managing MiLB.TV subscriptions purchased through in-app purchase (including auto-renewal and restoring purchases) is located below. Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's account settings after purchase.
Accessing your Apple iTunes In-App Purchase on other Supported Devices
A major benefit of connecting your Apple iTunes purchase to an MiLB.com account is being able to access the purchase across your compatible Apple mobile devices. Connecting a purchase to an MiLB.com account also allows Customer Service to better assist you with inquiries and troubleshooting. You will have an opportunity to connect your purchase to an MiLB.com account after making the purchase, or it can be completed at a later time. You can only connect an Apple iTunes purchase to one MiLB.com account. If you connect the purchase to a second MiLB.com account, the first account will lose all entitlements.
- Open your First Pitch application
- Tap on the "More" tab
- Tap on "Settings" in the upper right
- Tap on "Connect Purchase to MiLB.com" and log in with existing MiLB.com credentials or register for a new account
Restoring a previous Apple iTunes purchase
Subscribers who have made an in-app purchase through Apple iTunes on a mobile device will use the Restore button on the paywall, for example, when re-installing the application on an existing Apple or new Apple device. A restore can only be completed on devices which share the same Apple ID as the initial purchase. Prior to attempting to Restore an Apple iTunes purchase, please go to the First Pitch "Settings>Log in to MiLB.com Account" section and ensure that you are logged out.
Cancelling an Apple iTunes Monthly Subscription
- On your iPhone or iPod touch
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in.
- Under Subscriptions, tap Manage. If you don't see a subscription in iTunes and are still being charged, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID. If so, you might have subscribed directly with the provider and not through iTunes. In this case, please contact the content publisher or app developer directly to cancel your subscription.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
- Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription period, or turn off Automatic Renewal. Turn off Automatic Renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to cancel a subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
- On your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes.
- Click Sign In and enter your Apple ID.
- Click your name, and select Account Info from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your password again.
- On the Account Information screen: Scroll to the Settings section.
- To the right of Subscriptions, click Manage. If you don't see a subscription in iTunes and are still being charged, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID. If so, you might have subscribed directly with the provider and not through iTunes. In this case, please contact the content publisher or app developer directly to cancel your subscription.
- Choose the subscription you want to manage.
- Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription period, or turn off Automatic Renewal. Turn off Automatic Renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period to cancel a subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
MiLB.com Website Purchase and Cancellation Information
If you have purchased a MiLB.TV subscription directly through the MiLB.com website (not through First Pitch in-app purchase from Apple iTunes), please review the information below.
If you have completed your purchase through First Pitch in-app purchase, please see the section "Apple iTunes In-App Purchase and Cancellation Information."
Purchasing a MiLB.com Subscription
Subscriptions are purchased from and billed by MiLB.com. These subscriptions are subject to the terms and conditions of MiLB.com. All billing and refund inquiries must be directed to MiLB.com.
The MiLB.TV subscription is valid for the entire 2019 season (including any available Postseason games). The purchase will auto-renew on or around March 30, 2020, at the prior year's regular full yearly price.
The MiLB.TV monthly subscription is valid for one month and will automatically renew each month at the current year's regular full monthly price. Your last charge for Monthly Automatic Renewal will occur in September and then begin to recur again in March the following year.
MiLB.TV subscriptions can be gifted. MiLB.TV gift subscriptions are valid from the date of redemption through the entire 2019 season (through the Postseason). The MiLB.TV gift subscription will not auto-renew for the 2020 season.
- Redeeming an MiLB.TV Gift Subscription
- The recipient of a gift subscription will receive an e-mail based on a date defined by the sender.
- The recipient will click on the unique link provided in the e-mail to enter the activation flow.
The recipient will sign in with an existing MiLB.com account or register for a new MiLB.com account. After completing the process, the recipient will use the "Subscriber Login" option to enable MiLB.TV on their supported Apple and Android mobile devices. This will be available when prompted to log in to watch a game or via the Settings tab.
Cancelling an MiLB.TV Subscription
Customers that have purchased MiLB.TV directly from the MiLB.com website and not through iTunes may cancel their MiLB.TV subscription or cancel auto-renewal of the subscription by contacting Customer Service online or by calling 866-644-2687 (US) / 512-434-1542 (International). Users also can cancel within the "Manage Subscriptions" section within their MiLB.com Account Profile.
Refund Policy for MiLB.TV Purchases
MiLB.com will honor a refund request for MiLB.TV Annual subscriptions made within 5 days of your first subscription purchase date within a Minor League season. There is a limit of one refund per person on a given subscription purchase within any given Minor League season.
MiLB.TV Monthly subscriptions are non-refundable after purchase.
4. Navigation and Usage
Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch provides you with detailed pitch information including type, speed, and location, as well as a list of each play as it happens. It can be accessed from the Team tab.
- Navigate to a Team page.
- Tap on "Gameday" to open Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch
From the Favorite Team, Scores, News, Videos, Standings and More Tabs
- Tap the "TV" icon in the upper-left of the screen (Scores, News, Standings, More tabs) or in the upper right of the screen (Favorite Team tab).
- Tap on the Minor League game you would like to watch.
- If you are not signed into your MiLB.com account, you will be given the option to sign in with your MiLB.com credentials.
- Once signed in, the app will detect your location via IP address to see if blackout or other restrictions apply.
- The stream will begin once access is verified.
- If you do not have a MiLB.TV account, you can purchase in-app by clicking on a game to watch and follow the instructions. You can also sync this credential with your MiLB.com account to watch on your desktop and laptop.
MiLB "Settings" can be accessed by tapping on the "More" tab and then tapping on "Settings" in the upper right.
- The MiLB.com Account setting allows a user to log in with their MiLB.com credentials. MiLB.TV subscribers will enter their credentials to enable viewing of live and archived MiLB.TV content.
- MiLB First Pitch can deliver notifications to your device during the season if enabled. At this time, notifications can be configured for home game reminders, league news, game starts, game ends, lead changes and score changes.
Viewing Team Information
To view a specific team's schedule, news, standings, roster and website information, you will want to access its Team Page. You can also configure a favorite team or teams," which will create an additional tab for quick access to this information. For each class -- Triple-A, Double-A and Class A Advanced, Class A Full Season, Class A Short Season and Rookie -- a tab will be created based on the favorite team(s) selection.
Changing Classes Among Triple-A, Double-A, Class A Advanced, Class A Full Season, Class A Short Season and Rookie Levels
- Tap on the class dropdown at the top of the screen to change classes
Setting a Favorite Team
- Tap on the "More" tab.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top right.
- Tap on the "Favorite" Teams.
- Tap on the "Affiliate" option or a "Class."
- Tap on a team or teams, then hit "Next."
- The top-most team will appear on the "Favorite Team" tab. Teams can be ordered by tapping on the "tri-bar" icon on the right and draggin up and down.
- Tap "Save" when finished.
Viewing Other Team Pages
- Tap on the "More" tab.
- Tap on the "Teams" option.
- Select by MLB Affiliate or MiLB Class.
- Tap on the team you wish to view.
Find News/Video by Class/Team
News can be filtered by an individual class by tapping on the "Class" icon in the top-center of the section and tapping on the class. Click on the preferred league underneath the "Class" picker. To view news or videos for a team, go to that team page and select "Team News" and "Team Videos" under the "Team-name Info" section.
Subscribing to Push Notifications
During initial launch, if a favorite team(s) is selected, you will be prompted to choose which notifications you would like to enable. MiLB First Pitch users can choose from MiLB News, Game Start, Game End, Score Change, Lead Change and Home Game Reminder notifications. To ensure notifications are received or to configure them at a later time, please review the below sections.
Ensure notifications are enabled at the operating system level (Required)
- From the Apple device home screen, tap on "Settings."
- Tap on "Notification Center."
- Scroll down and tap on "MiLB First Pitch."
- Configure notifications to your preference.
- Set the alert style to "Banners" or "Alerts."
- Banners will appear across the top of your device screen and quickly disappear; alerts will overlay the screen and require an acknowledgement.
- Enabling "Sounds" will play a sound when a notification is received.
- "Show in Notification Center" will display notifications when viewing your notification center by swiping down from the top of your screen; you can also configure how many notifications you would like to see.
- "Show on Lock Screen" will allow you to view notifications from the device lock screen and notification center.
Configuring Push Notifications in the MiLB First Pitch application
- Navigate to the "More" tab, tap on "Settings" in the upper-right and tap on "Push Notifications."
- The "News" option will include league-wide events of note such as impending no-hitters and other achievements.
- Tap on a team.
- Toggle each notification individually.
- Home Game Reminder - Notification six hours before home game begins.
- Game Start - Notification when a game begins.
- Lead Change - Notification when a lead change occurs.
- Score Change - Notification when a scoring play occurs.
- Game End - Notification when a game concludes.
***ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE LATEST DEVICE OPERATING SYSTEM AND MiLB FIRST PITCH VERSION PRIOR TO TROUBLESHOOTING***
If you are experiencing difficulty with the MiLB First Pitch application, please follow the steps below as they may resolve the behavior that you are experiencing.
- Navigate to your Apple device home screen.
- Double tap on the home button to open the application tray.
- Swipe up on all of the open applications to close them out.
- Tap the home button or on the screen to close the application tray.
- Press and hold the power button at the top of the device and the physical home button simultaneously; continue holding these buttons until the screen goes black and then an Apple logo appears.
- The device may take a few minutes to return to the Apple device home screen.
- Once the device returns to the home screen, please try launching the application again.
If you still experience issues after following the above steps, please switch your connectivity from cellular to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi to cellular. Though Wi-Fi connections are typically an improvement over cellular, that is not always the case. Please understand that "bar" indicators on devices indicate the strength of a signal, but not network congestion or integrity, which can impact application performance. For personal Wi-Fi connections, we recommend restarting your internet modem and router in the event a network conflict is occurring even if other devices are working properly.
In addition to the troubleshooting information below, please review the "General Troubleshooting" section as it may contain steps to correct the behavior that you are experiencing.
MiLB.TV live and archived content is subject to blackout restrictions and relies on location data provided by the MiLB First Pitch application for verification. The following factors may affect successful blackout verification.
- Location services are not enabled on the device.
- GPS satellites are not visible due to being indoors/away from windows.
- A cellular data or Wi-Fi hotspot, satellite, hotel or corporate/VPN internet connection is being used.
- You are attempting to access while traveling in motion (plane, train or automobile).
Please follow the steps below to ensure your location settings are enabled on the device:
- From the Apple device home screen, tap "Settings."
- Tap "Privacy."
- Tap "Location Services."
- Ensure location services are "On" at the device level.
- Scroll down to the application and ensure location services are enabled for the application.
- Return to the main menu and choose "General."
- Tap "Reset" from the list.
- Tap "Reset Location & Privacy" and confirm.
- Navigate to your Apple device home screen and please try launching the application again.
Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot my password. What should I do?
From the MiLB.com Account screen, tap "Forgot Password." Enter your MiLB.com account e-mail and we will send a new password to that address.
How do I log out of MiLB?
From the MiLB.com Account screen, tap "Log Out."
6. Contact Us
MiLB.com Customer Service
If you have any questions or require troubleshooting assistance, please contact Customer Service online or call us toll-free at 866-644-2687 (US) or 512-434-1542 (International). Our business hours are 12 p.m. ET until the last out Monday through Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET on Sundays.